Friday 31 March 2017

Effects, (Title, Audio and Video)

For scene 4, due to it being a flashback in my screenplay I decided to change the scene into black and white which was inspired by the convention of Film Noir.

The effects I used was the image control to change it to black and white. However, I found that the filter used made the scene look faded and a washed out way. I change this by decreasing the brightness and increasing the contrast to make it look more gritty.

In addition I decided to use the black and white effect on the scenes that were flashbacks or in the past so the audience can be able to determine the different stages in the timeline of the trailer, which hopefully will allow the audience to understand the storyline and plot.

Before


Changing the contrast and brightness
 
The changes to the brightness was done by lowering it by 2 giving it a more darker effect which goes along with the convention of gangster films. The contrast was also changed to 10

After


Effects Used

 

On the effects tab, the video effects include the use of image control which I used on the scene to create the black and white effect. I also included one of the colour correction effect making use of the brightness and contrast to change the depth of the scene.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While editing, I found that one of my clips looked odd as it didn't quite follow the 180 degree rule so I decided to use the effect of transformation to flip the clip

Before


Transform

 

After



Using the effect
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titles

I looked at Art of the Title for designs of titles






I was influenced by the title of Sin City so I implemented the stile of black and white, making some of my words in red allowing it to stand out.





I also added the screen shot of my billing board from my poster to my trailer so the identity of my brand can be continous






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Audio Gain



For the voices I used the Audio Gain to increase them so the conversation can be heard properly



I decreased the soundtrack to make it more audible



Audio Effects
Using Exponential Fade for the music



I edited the gunshot effects onto my trailer




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Video Transitions





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





No comments:

Post a Comment